Two years ago, we bought a new mattress. It was an ordeal, trying to determine fill, firmness, pillow-top or not, size, etc. Although the weekend spent reclining around mattress showrooms was both entertaining and creepy.
This year, we were in the market for a new mattress, but for the grumpy old man who lives with us. Same ordeal, less test-driving: what fill, level of support or cushion, to bolster/bumper or not to bolster/bumper, etc. After much looking (an Orvis isn’t in the budget right now), we settled on the PupLounge Memory Foam Orthopaedic Bed from Treat A Dog.
What we like:
- The Tempurpedic foam holds its shape, which is good for Zo’s aging joints
- It doesn’t slip cross the floor
- It’s waterproof and tear-proof, and machine washable.
- The price point: we bought this on a steep mark down (60% off and free shipping). If it had been original ticket price, I may be less enthusiastic. It feels like it’s more durable and better craftsmanship than something you can snag at a local, big box pet store.
What we less-than-like:
- As the video mentions, we bought based on his weight. I suppose I could have pulled out a tape measure to confirm the dimensions, but I assumed (I know, I know) that a bed for an 80 pound dog would be proportional in size to weight. That’s on me. Next time, we’ll go for the extra large bed.
- The sound of his nails on the cover is irritating, but that’s a #dogmomproblem more than anything.
So far, so good.